T O P I C S
A. LECTURES ON LASER ANALYSIS AND CONSERVATION:
- Concepts and issues in conservation research
- Binding media and painting techniques
- Pigments and their identification
- Detecting color remains on historic stonework; an analytical challenge
- Photo-acoustic monitoring of laser cleaning
- e-tools for managing the use of analytical, diagnostic and conservation methodologies
- Discussion with the participants
- Participants are invited to present cases studied they are involved in and discuss challenges that might be addressed by optical diagnostic techniques.
Participants are invited to present cases studied they are involved in and discuss challenges that might be addressed by optical diagnostic techniques.
C. SPECIAL LECTURE:
Delighted to announce the OPTO-CH 2017 visiting lecturers:
«Graffiti in a public space: Basilica in the Agora of Smyrna» by Dr Burak Yolaçan, Department of Archaeology, Dokuz Eylül University, İzmir, Turkey
Wednesday, 21 June at 20:00, «Rocca a Mare, Koules – the marine fortress of Heraklion»
On 23-24 June 2017, a field trip to a selected monument in Crete is scheduled.
Maximum number of participants: 20
The workshop concept relies on a) strong and effective interaction between participants and instructors and b) detailed practical demonstration and hands-on sessions. Therefore participants will be organized in four (3) groups of five (5).
Participants will be selected on the basis of their merit and background.
The course fee applies as follows:
- Individual fee (6 days workshop): € 500
- Early-bird registration (paid by 10th April 2017): € 400
The workshop fees include coffee breaks, specials (organized dinner and closing event), as well as the side-costs for the on-site campaign (transfer to the site and light lunch).
Travel, accommodation or subsistence expenses should be covered by the participants. Every effort will be made by us to provide information and guidance towards minimizing these costs from our side.